What’s hot in K’town’s gossip circuit? It is Thala’s forthcoming film with director Sirutthai Shiva, produced by Vijaya Vahini Productions. Reports from tinselville suggest that it will be the remake of Ravi Teja’s recent T’town release Daruvu, which incidentally, was directed by Shiva.
The socio-fantasy masala entertainer has Taapsee playing the arm candy of Ravi Teja. Shiva’s Sirutthai, which was a remake of Ravi Teja’s Vikramarkudu and had Karthi in the lead, went on to become a huge hit.
Sources say that Shiva considers Ravi Teja his lucky charm and is contemplating bringing the Daruvu script to Tamil after making a few changes to suit Ajith’s on-screen persona.
When DC contacted Shiva, who is basking in the success of Daruvu, he denied any such moves and shrugged it off as a figment of someone’s imagination.
“I don’t know why people spread such stories! Ajith sir’s film will be a mass entertainer and it is a new script, not the remake of Daruvu,” he said.
But the filmmaker did not rule out the possibility of the film being remade in K’town and also in Bollywood.
“The movie has been widely appreciated and is rocking the box office collections. I have been getting calls from Chennai as well as Mumbai, for the remake of this film.
But I am yet to take a call on it,” he claims. And guess who has been touted to reprise Ravi Teja in B’town? It is none other than Akshay Kumar.
There was yet another rumour about Anushka Shetty not featuring opposite Ajith due to date issues.
When asked about this the director clarified, “There were a few date problems with Anushka ut we will be sorting it out soon.
Anyways, I am starting the project only after Ajith completes Vishnuvardhan’s film.”

Ajith More stills

Keywords: Sirutthai Shiva, Vijaya Vahini Productions, Ravi Teja’, Daruvu, Shiva, masala entertainer, Taapsee,Shiva’s Sirutthai, ,Ravi Teja’s Vikramarkudu , Karthi, Daruvu script, Ravi Teja in B’town,Akshay Kumar, Anushka Shetty ,tamil film news, Vishnuvardhan’s film.”