Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How should we motivate ourselves in negative circumstances?

Default Thanks for your positive approach

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi
    Dear Neeraj/ Ebisu-san,
    If you insist... I guess I can try. * melancholic smile* But you should know that I'll get hurt again. And I'll tell you when it happens. Is that ok? If I may,that is.
    Thanks for your consideration dear. I am pretty positive that you would succeed beyond any doubt. Feel free to reach me when you wish. I would be more than happy to share your experiences throughout our journey of life.

Good Luck.. and thanks once again :-))

Actually, I am the one who should be thanking you Neeraj/ Ebisu-san. When what I said happens, you will be one of the first people to know.
    Exchanging experiences is a very underestimated experience, but a very valuable as well - essential, I would say.
    I believe it would be fine with you if I PMed you in such a case? Or would you rather I posted my feelings of anguish and betrayal ( Because that's what they will be at the time. Later on they will mature and transform into bitterness, and after all, apathy.) ?
    My humble greetings.

Please feel free to PM me :-)

All right, then. I will. And thank you once more.

Default Life is not a problem to be solved, but a gift to be enjoyed

One day I decided to quit...I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality... I wanted to quit my life.

I went to the woods to have one last talk with GOD. "GOD", I said. "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?" His answer surprised me...

"Look around", GOD said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"

"Yes", I replied.

"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo." GOD said.

"In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit.

In year four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo see. I would not quit." GOD said.

"Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant...But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall. It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive. I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle." GOD said to me.

"Did you know, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots?"

"I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you."

"Don't compare yourself to others." GOD said. "The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern. Yet they both make the forest beautiful."

"Your time will come", GOD said to me. "You will rise high"

"How high should I rise?" I asked.

"How high will the bamboo rise?" GOD asked in return.

"As high as it can?" I questioned

"Yes." GOD said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."

I left the forest and bring back this story. I hope these words can help you see that GOD will never give up on you.

GOD will never give up on you

"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a gift to be enjoyed"

Default "VALUE HAS A VALUE ONLY IF ITS VALUE IS VALUED BY YOU&q

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a Rupee 500 note.
    In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this Rupee 500 note?"

Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this note to one of you but first let me do this."

He proceeded to crumple the note up.
    He then asked, "Who still wants it?"

Still the hands were up in the air.
    "Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty. "Now who still wants it?"
    Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson.
    No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth Rupee 500/-.

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless.
    But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. You are special. Don't ever forget it! Never let yesterday's disappointments overshadow tomorrow's dreams.

"VALUE HAS A VALUE ONLY IF ITS VALUE IS VALUED BY YOU"

Default The value of a life is measured by the life it touches

Those who choose to be at peace, must help their others to be at peace.
    Those who choose to live well, must help others to live well.
    And those who choose to be happy, must help others find happiness.

The value of a life is measured by the life it touches.
    Let us touch others life to make it a better place to live :-)

Default The Power of positive Thinking

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions. But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.

The worst had happened ~everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger. "God, how could you do this to me?" he cried.

Early the next day, however, he was wakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him.

"How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers.

"We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It's easy to get discouraged sometimes when things appear to be going badly. But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground, it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of God.

For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God has a positive answer for it.

I may be walking on shaking ground here, but...
    Neeraj/ Ebisu-san, how are you so sure about God's plans? I think there is a line that goes somehow like this: "His will works in mysterious ways."
    And.. There may not be always good intentions behind our "fate", "destiny", "whatever".
    Because there is no good without evil. There is no darkness without light.
    I'm not saying we should give up. But.. Is it right, that something causes us sorrow, and we do it, only in order to cause others happiness?

Default Sorrw Vs Happiness

Hi Kakashi-san, Let me rephrase as i understood it.

Based on the following philosophy,

"There is no good without evil. There is no darkness without light. "

You have got the following question coming to your mind.

"Is it right, that something causes us sorrow, and we do it, only in order to cause others happiness?"

Let me try to answer now...

Someone has said that darkness doesn't exist on its own. Darkness is nothing but absence of light. Once light comes - you will see there is no darkness.

We can understand about ignorance and knowledge with the help of same analogy. THey say when knowledge comes - ignorance goes.

Now let us try to understand happiness and sorrow in the same light.

What is sorrow -?
    What is happiness -?

Sorrow & happiness are relative concepts. Its' a temporary state of our mind. These all are bound to change with time. The degree of happiness or sorrow varies from person to person.

Same state of situation can make someone sorrow and other happy. Similarly, if I may feel happy for something good but other person may become many times more happy than I am at that point of time in the same situation.

So, I do not want to take your side when you say that for making other happy, someone has to be sorrow. Instead, I would like to believe that it's just as we perceive the challenges that makes us feel sorrow. We need to strive for happiness and believe me - it comes!

If you are happy, you would make others happy. I am sure about God's plans in a way that he has gifted us with lots of happiness in many ways and it's our job to go and find it out.

When you say --"His will works in mysterious ways." And.. There may not be always good intentions behind our "fate", "destiny", "whatever".

I would like to add that all depends upon how we see and perceive our situation and thus define fate, destiny or whatever. It's all relative. We need to develop ourselves, make ourselves mature enough to find good in each and everything that happens with us. Someone has said, that you would not realize the joy and happiness in your life if there is no challenges in your life. So, sorrow is there so that you may realize happiness.

Let us try at least !!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast