Thread: CA course details

Default CA course details

Requirements for becoming a Chartered Accountant
    Under the existing chartered accountancy scheme of education, training and examination, the
    requirements for becoming a chartered accountant are as follows:
    (i) Enrol with the Institute for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after passing class 10
    th
    examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination
    recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto.
    (ii) Appear in CPT after appearing in the senior secondary examination (10+2 examination)
    conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by
    the Central Government as equivalent thereto and after completion of specified period (60 days)
    from the date of registration for CPT with the Board of Studies as on the first day of the month in
    which examination is to be held, viz., students registered on or before 1st April/1st October will be
    eligible to appear in June/December examination, as the case may be. However, candidate should
    pass both CPT and 10+2 before registering for Integrated Professional Competence
    Course (IPCC).
    (iii) Enrol for Group I or Group II or for both Group I and Group II of Integrated Professional
    Competence Course (IPCC) to become “Chartered Accountant”.
    (iv) Successfully complete 9 months of study course from the date of IPCC registration.
    (v) Successfully complete Orientation Course of one week spanning 35 hours and covering
    topics, such as personality development, communication skills, office procedure, business
    environment, general commercial knowledge, etc., before commencement of articled training.
    (vi) Successfully complete 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT) before commencement
    of articled training.
    (vii) Appear and pass Group I as well as Group II of Integrated Professional Competence
    Examination (IPCE). Group I is composed of four papers and Group II is composed of three papers.
    (viii) Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years, on passing either Group I or both the
    Groups of IPCE.
    (ix) Register for CA Final Course and prepare for CA Final Examination.
    (x) Undergo General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) (15 days) course while
    undergoing Final Course and serving the last 12 months of articled training.
    (xi) Complete 3 years period of articled training.
    (xii) Appear in the Final Examination on completion of the practical training or while serving last 6
    months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the
    examination is to be held.
    (xiii) Pass final examination and complete GMCS, if not completed earlier.
    (xiv) Enrol as a member of ICAI and designate as “Chartered Accountant”. Chartered Accountancy Course (C

Thanks for sharing your great detail regarding this topic,