Thread: Using fonts in aweb page

Default Using fonts in aweb page

I have downloaded some cool fonts and i want to use them in my web page. But as they are not installed on my host's computer, They do not work. :!:
    can any one help me? :?:

Fonts will only work if the person viewing the website has them in their font folder.

XP: C:\WINDWOS\Fonts\ Place your fonts in that folder
    2k: C:\WINNT\Fonts\ Place fonts there

New fonts should only be introduced into pictures, and if you want you can also make those newly downloaded fonts as downloads for your page or site.

Because you might be able to see those fonts on your webpage, but others won't be able to.

Default Provide a download fonts for the users as well

You must install the fonts in your machine. After u doing that you can give the link for download font for the end user.

If you do this your site will visible correctly.

Thanks

I am a little unsure but if my memory serves me right, a couple of years ago i found a website that gave you a tutorial on how to use custom fonts on your website for all to see, but i am sorry i do not have a link. I am fairly sure it is possiable though but please dont quote me on that. :P

I remember viewing an article somewhere on Microsoft's website about a technology they were working on called font-embedding.

Basically, the idea was that no matter which fonts were used on your webpage, they would be visible to the user, even though they were not installed on his/her machine.

However, to be on the safe side, I would stick with the common fonts like Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, Times New Roman, Courier, Courier New and so on, for the time being. Also, if you're presently using the <font> tag, desist from that practice. Use CSS instead. And always include the font-family at the end of your declaration, so the users' machines can at least fall back on similar fonts if the ones specified aren't available. That way, at least your webpage will look close to how you intended it to appear.

Just bear in mind that, no matter how proficient a webmaster one is, one can never guarantee how one's page will appear at the user's end. There are simply too many variations in browsers' interpretations of code to accomplish that goal. :(

Every should use fonts with the considerations as: Should consider is the font used in the website is installed in the host's computer, is the font is widely used by the internet users worldwide? Otherwise this font should not be used in the website.

You can embed fonts using Microsofts tag, but it only works for IE, and only certian versions of that.