Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontpage vs Dreamweaver

Well i prefer Dreamweaver because it offers best options for coding. I think its more pratic.

I hate how any program alters any coding I do. I use Notepad because I have total control and know the code well. If there is an error, and can visualize the area of code and what the error is likely to be without even opening the file to edit it. I have sections distanced so I can control those areas specifically.

Yes it is slower since a change in the Nav bar top and bottom will require opening every file to make the change. I believe that the programs can make this change to every file on the site all in one go?

I'm a bit of a perfectionist too so I want my code to be neat and organized and tidy. I want to look at the code and see the code as a work of art.

Frontpage --> Medium level

Dreamweaver --> Advanced Level

One important aspect in Dreamweaver is: You will be able to see the line numbers if you are coding PHP and other stuff. Frontpage as far as I know doesn't have that capability.

What do you mean by line numbers?

The rows of each coding in HTML PHP or anything all have numbers, when you viewing code style etc....

I personally don't like Dreamweaver it was to complicated for me and tricky.

personally i choose Dreamweaver. I have used go-live, dreamweaver, Nvu(free and open-source!), FrontPage and a few others. I think that dreamweaver offers a lot on many levels. It is a great editor for a novice as well as an advanced web-designer
    i have used Macromedia products (Flash MX) a lot. With Dreamweaver 8 and Flash Video, it's a snap to place video content on the web. Of course the price between go-live, front page and dreamweaver is different but you can find a trial version at : www.macromedia.com

All the experiences i have had with frontpage have always ended in tragidy, it seems to work most with layers when i used it and they ended up all over the place. But i do agree that is very easy to just pick up and use, saying that my faith in good old dreamweaver and notepad has never faded, they have always kept me going with my coding needs. Also i do tend to use TopStyle 3 when created CSS though.

I don't like FrontPage.
    I think Dreamweaver MX is better.

for me work in front page is easier

for me work in front page is easier

Default hi

hi i am new user. i wait your supports

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast