Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontpage vs Dreamweaver

I'm using Dreamweaver MX 2004 too, only one i've been able to get my hands on, damn being a studant sucks ass on the money front. but i might have a look into the newest versions, see what extra stuff they added.

I think MS Frontpage is more easier web development and design tool than dreamweaver for the newer and learner web developers. It has easier interface and it is easy to use. If u r an advanced developer than u can use dreamweaver for web development.

At first Dreamweaver is a bit overwelming.
    But after you've played around a bit with it, it's a wonderfull peace of software.
    Frontpage is ok. But IMO Dreamweaver is waaaaay better.

I've never used FrontPage but I learned how to operate DreamWeaver MX very easily and quickly. It's actually quite simple. If someone has experience with programs and searches around a bit, he'll be able to find what he wants.
    I wouldn't change DreamWeaver for another similar program but still.. I may be wrong.
    Just my humble thoughts.

Default Web Design Tools Help

Hey all,

I constantly find myself using FrontPage 2003 to build my personal site and now this site to give my cousin, her husband and new baby like an online photo album and I woud not even begin of thinking of writing the actual HTML code for this or any type of site I am doing. So my advice... is use Dreamweaver, Frontpage 2003 and publish your site in FTP mode rather than trying to learn code.. I am fluent in HTML. However, if you would like some help with FrontPage or HTML please feel free to email me-the person in charge of this account Josh.

I Hope This Helps,

Josh

Im not a proffesionnal web designer but I am fluent with XHTML and CSS.
    I used to use and infact still use Notepad for my small personal site but I think for those of you who who like to use WYSIWYG editors i have some points:

The Pros of using WYSIWYG editors: They do offer an extremely good amount of control over the design of a large site and also can code it for you.

The cons of using WYSIWYG editors: Some people say that they are extrememly easy to use, and i dont aggree or disaggree; also going back to they code HTML for you, that is true but! but take a look at the source code of a simple site, Google for example, see the code? If you had the job of editing that, see what i mean, it looks as if its been written in code!!!

Where was i, oh yes Frontpage V dreamwever, well ive only had expireance using frontpage and i think for those who want a huge mumbo-jumbo site then fine, as for me, im stickin with good ol' Notepad

Dreamweaver for me. i learnt to code in a very old version of frontpage, but dreamweaver is a much easier and practical programme to use.

DreamWeaver unusual human nature
    Also has specially aims at the designer to provide succinctly lies between the surface
    I am thought DW is easy to use....

I'm agree with techno230. I think that Frotpage has also two disadvantages :
    1. It has brining to life by dint of Microsoft which is EEeevillll :P
    2. The frontpage is creating page designed for IE which is also Eviill :P ( I've tested only ver 2000 and below but i think that now also it isdesigning for it ).

dreamweaver is better for me.....

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast