Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KoWXisle's grunge header tutorial

Default KoWXisle's grunge header tutorial

The following is a tutorial of how to make a header for a website using Adobe Photoshop CS2. If you don't have Adobe Photoshop CS2, another photoshop will Most Likely work. There is no way to be sure though. Here is an example of what you will end up with.

Step 1) Start a new document 500 x 500 pixels.

Step 2) Write a 3-5 letter word, the size of your font should be 150 pt.

Step 3) Rasterize the type, using Layer -> Rasterize -> Type. Now center the text, and fill the backround with white, using Edit -> Fill, the options should be:

Use: White
    Mode: Multiply
    Opacity: 100%

Step 4) Add a Guassian Blur, using Filter -> Blur -> Guassian Blur, the radius you enter for the blur is 2.0.

Step 5) Solarize the image by using Filter -> Stylize -> Solarize.

Step 6) Get a good contrast by using Image -> Adjustments -> Auto Levels

Step 7) Add wind by using Filter -> Stylize -> Wind, your settings should be:
    Method: Wind
    Direction: From the Left

Step 8) Rotate the Canvas using Image -> Rotate Canvas ->90* CW

Step 9) Repeat Steps 7-8 three more times, or until your canvas has rotated a total of 360*

Step 10) Hold Control and hit A, to select the whole picture, and then Hold Control and hit I to invert the colors.

Step 11) Select the area surrounding your words, so that you include all of it(You don't need to include the white).

Step 12) Define it as a brush using Edit -> Define Brush Preset

Step 13) Start a new document, the size you want your header to be. I used 1000 x 200 pixels

Step 14) Select the brush tool.

Step 15) Find the brush "Splatter 50", or the brush I drew a red circle around.

Step 16) Give your new document a black border using the "splatter 59" brush. Make it go toward the middle pretty far, but not so far that you can't fit large readable text without it touching the walls. Also, don't make it too dense. You should rarely see fully black patches. You can also use the sides of the grunge word brush you finished at step 12.

Step 17) Hold Control and hit A to select all, then Hold control and hit I to invert the colors.

Step 18 ) Do steps 7-8 until your image has rotated a full 360*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast