Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Tips and Tricks

thank you everyone. =]

Very Very Thx.

it's very informative............

here is my tip:
    Code:
     			 			When we install windows XP, there r many services running in  background. Among them many services r useless and can be set manual to  make our windows faster. 
    In this tutorial I'm telling the services which can be safely set to MANUAL. 

How to do it? 

1.) Right-click on My Computer icon on desktop and select Manage, it'll  open a window, in which goto: Services & Application -> Services.  To disable or Set it to MANUAL, double-click on service and select What  u want in Startup list box. 
    2.) U can also open the same by going to Administrative Tools and open Computer Management. 

NOTE:- Always set the service to MANUAL, never disable it. So that  whenever windows needs to start a service it can easily start and use  it. If u set ne service DISABLE, then windows can not enable it and will  give ERROR... 
    Some service may be system dependent, like setting some services MANUAL  can work on many systems but can make some systems not working if they  required that service to run. Thats why always check the services one by  one, and in case windows gives ERROR, u can re-enable that service by  starting the system in SAFE MODE. 

So here is the list of services that can be safely set to MANUAL (Many of them may be disabled automatically on some systems): 

Alerter 
    Computer Browser 
    Distributed Link Tracking Client (If u hv NTFS partition, then don't disable it) 
    Fast User Switching Capability (removes Switch Users option) 
    Indexing service 
    Internet Connection Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing 
    Messenger 
    Remote Registry (Always disable it for Security purposes) 
    Secondary Logon 
    Server 
    System Restore (If u don't use System Restore) 
    TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service 
    Uninterruptible Power Supply 
    Upload Manager 
    Wireless Zero Configuration 

U may find more services according to ur requirements!

i think this thread and replies aren't useful .......anymore.

Default classic info

Although I'm already personally using Windows 7, our company is still using Windows XP... these are very useful tips.

BTW, I'm in-charge of system maintenance in our small office. Plenty of the info are new to me.

Thanks!

these tips are really very helpful i just want to add one thing it is good onpage give help to offpage so first do good onpage.

Risk Assessment Form|Gift Certificate Template|Interview Assessment Form

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920