Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sachin Tendulkar vs Expectations

That's quite true Guttu Bhai..

I never knew that you are a bowler otherwise, I would have edited that part from my friend's article :-)

I enjoy playing games. Since most of them play cricket, I can't say 'No' to them always.. Its their insult.. isn't it dear? So, I was telling that whenever I play, I love to bat. Sometimes, when I am playing with some senior people, they ask me to field. I never get an opportunity to bowl.

That's a small cricket history cum story of mine. I would love to face your bowling.. Lets see if we get sometime :-)

Nice to see you coming and replying to this thread.

That's a small cricket history cum story of mine. I would love to face your bowling.. Lets see if we get sometime
    No problem. U can easily hit me out of the ground
    When I'm fresh I bowl faster and after 6-7 overs
    I bowl spin
    Its amazin that I give less runs when I bowl spin than faster
    I dont know how taht happens

Nice to see you coming and replying to this thread.
    Every debate has 2 sides. So I just wanted to share my experience.

Great idea neeraj, I was thinking the
    same line. Why can't we meet, well
    at least those of us in India and meet
    once in a year, let the cause be
    cricket ,football ,anything.

Let this meeting be an annual event.
    I would request the admin, mod's and
    other friends think over it (we can even
    go for a poll) think over an appropriate
    time and place convinient to most of us.

Just think over it, with over 100000
    members,if even 1%-2% agrees to
    meet at a place can you feel the
    atmosphere the benifts all will get.

Well my friend Guttu, It's not that after
    6-7 overs your spin bowling is at is best,
    what I feel is perhaps the batsmen don't
    have have the energy to slog the ball.
    Hahaha... just joking.

Wish I could face you in our get-together
    (offcourse if most of us agrees)

Amitabh

Well there was a meet about to happen
    but due to some reasons its postpones or cancelled
    u can fimd the thread regarding this in the New movie clips forum

and plz correct ur signature
    It leads to nowhere

Well, as Guttu bhai said, there was supposed to be some sort of get together. Somehow, it couldn't materialize.

Let us be the part of the forum and keep coming in touch of most of the interesting guys who enjoy their stay here in this forum, then we can just meet someday at least who are willing and are in the same city.

Default Re: A Cancer Called Cricket – just another point o

Quote Originally Posted by dineeshd
    Your last argument was quite nice with some 'guest', but his argument was also not bad. Anyway I came back to tell u about some latest news. Last month I heard that BCCI is going to help other sports control boards of india to improve the perormance(monitary help). And they are going to give crores of money for practicing facilities of promising olympic candidates. Are u still thinking cricket is a cancer for our community. If u see the history of the sports how many times one sports authority came up to help other sports. Many be BCCI's this decision will change the entire sports cutlure of India. India is having lots of talented players in different sports, but they are unable to perform well in the international level because of the lack of practicing infrastructues available here. BCCI's this new movement is towards that point. So stop shouting on cricket, just sit back and enjoy the improvement cricket can bring to Indian sports. I recently heard that, as you say 'BCCI's Club' is the most richest team in the world. Here again i have to say something about Sachin too. Inspite of his lack of form and injuries he got again a big sponsorship of 40 million dollors. What a guy he is.......
    First of all, let me say thanks to you for coming back here dear after such a long time. Then, let me take this opportunity to extend my thanks to BCCI for promoting other sports. Congratulations to Sachin for winning the sponsorship worth $40m.

Now coming back to the argument - You seems to be too optimistic about this BCCI move. I pray that BCCI's initiative pay back. If I am wrong, please correct me, I guess that there is a whole set of ministry in the central govenment of India for promoting sports in the country including cricket. Let us hope that it is doing and trying its best to achieve their targets. Hope BCCI's move is meant to complement the same rather doing something new. Ministry of Sports has already got enough fund allocated to them.

In this market driven sports industry in India, I would like to use this platform to urge to the sports lovers to at least give it a try - develop your interest in some other sports - and I guarantee you enough thrill in that. Lets not become the soft target of these marketting guru of this industry. Our time is very precious, lets use it judiciously. Lets watch those games where we actually have interest rather watching some games just because that's the only option availbale to us.

I guess that there is a whole set of ministry in the central govenment of India for promoting sports in the country including cricket. Let us hope that it is doing and trying its best to achieve their targets. Hope BCCI's move is meant to complement the same rather doing something new. Ministry of Sports has already got enough fund allocated to them.
    What is that great thing that ministry had done all these years? We had a great hocky team, now what is that teams position? This ministry is not able to keep them winning. Other sports we where on the same position, were we where on 10 years back. Then what they are doing? So I think its better don't talk about such ministry. Its not all about funds, its all about how you are going to use that funds.

Now we have only one option, how BCCI is going to utilise their funds on other sports, because over the years we had seen all other options lots of time, nothing seems to be working. So lets hope this one will work.....

Dineesh boss, you seem to be a die hard supporter of BCCI. Wait.. I need to come up with some strong arguments so that I can break the myth that you have with the image of BCCI :-)

Wait and I will be right back..

Thanks for replying dear, lets do a healthy debate over it.

Cheers,
    Neeraj

Everywhere there is corruption and its also in BCCI
    I hope the money gets to the other sports they will fund

And this suckin govt will never be able to do anything to othr sports
    Have the Doordarshan ever tried to broadcast Hocky matches??
    No never. If they then they'll b at times when no one watches TV or deferrred live
    But it telecasts the cricket live by payin any amount
    that bcoz they now they'll get more money then they spend
    advertise after evry over, every break
    even we miss some good moments bcpz of these adv

The debate has changed it path a lot from sachin n expectations to cricket vs other sports
    Though its good to c that media is giving some hype to other sports also

tennis just bcoz of the sexy figure of sania
    hockey bcoz of the contraversial selections
    weightlifting bcoz of doping
    same for long jump and sprint

the only left is shooting which has been +ve
    Lets hope media gives +ve hype to all rather than
    stressing on the -ve points

Quote Originally Posted by dineeshd
    Quote Originally Posted by neeraj
    I guess that there is a whole set of ministry in the central govenment of India for promoting sports in the country including cricket. Let us hope that it is doing and trying its best to achieve their targets. Hope BCCI's move is meant to complement the same rather doing something new. Ministry of Sports has already got enough fund allocated to them.
    What is that great thing that ministry had done all these years? We had a great hocky team, now what is that teams position? This ministry is not able to keep them winning. Other sports we where on the same position, were we where on 10 years back. Then what they are doing? So I think its better don't talk about such ministry. Its not all about funds, its all about how you are going to use that funds.

Now we have only one option, how BCCI is going to utilise their funds on other sports, because over the years we had seen all other options lots of time, nothing seems to be working. So lets hope this one will work.....

Here is some excerpts from India Today May 15, 2006 edition that highlights something about BCCI.

Code:
    "We are told that India (please read BCCI) deserves the 2011 World Cup and every third World Cup ever after because we have the largest audience and the richest market. By that logic, England with the world's richest professional league, should host every third football World Cup.  China with its numbers would probably want one every third turn too, which leaves Brazil, whose success and supportess should gurantee it a stipulated slot. Every third Olympics should head to the USA ehich has won more Games golds than any other country and houses all the world's corporate giants, Of course , this won't happen but cricket is actually trying to instituitionalise such farse.

FIFA, with a monopoly on the world's biggest sport's event and over 200 member nations, realises that it must reach out to Africa, and Asia. So what if Africa isn't exactly flush with sponsors and Asia has produced no world champion football tram? The 2002 World Cup was held in Asia and the next one in 2010 will head for Africa.

Cricket's pie is so much smaller and to keep swallowing down the big slice is not a response to corporate reality, but to greed. India, doesn't need the World Cup to showcase cricket, the game is showcased in our streets everyday. Countries like England, Australia and New Zealand, where other sports compete for sponsors and audience, require a platform like the World Cup to keep cricket alive and relevant. India needs to recognise and respind to this and stop flexing its Schwarznegger-size mussles. With power comes responsibility. The BCCI must resist the impulse to keep acting like a middle-aged revolutionary and opt play statesman instead."
    My Comment: Dear friend dineesh, if BCCI is NOT serious about the growth of Cricket - It cannot be serious about the welfare of other sports in India.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast