Thread: help required urgently

Default help required urgently

recently i hv got a severe problem i have a usb hard disc of 160 gb capacity which i bought nearly 1 year ago. few days b4 i saw two folders namely z(30 times) and z(34 times). which were not present b4. Now when i try to delete them i get a message that cannot delete zzzzz...zzzzzz access denied make sure the disc is not full or write protected. I tried to delete them by using softwares like tuneup shredder and unlocker but of no use, i also tried these methods in administrator mode but of no use. what shall i do these folders r using 21 gb of m hard disc.

May be some kinda virus...
    scan with an AV.
    Also give a try to windows disk cleanup

there might be bad sectors on your physical disk. you should run the scandisk utility to find them. windows might be quarantining the bad sectors to a virtual folder. though i've never actually looked into how windows deals with bad sectors on a hard drive that still functions at some level.

What are the files present in those folders?
    Try formatting the disk.
    Try a disk cleanup.

I scanned with 3 different antiviruses namely avira,norton and symantec,but there is no threat.

both of the folders have a folder named update whose size is 0 byte but the folders containing them 2gether occupy 20.94 gb

what file system you are using? NTFS or FAT32??

Just make low level format!
    and everuthing will be OK

you could also open the command prompt and try to delete it there... when you open the command prompt, type "help" and you will get a list of dos commands. type the dos command with a ' /?' and you can get help for that command.
    the command prompt is located on the accessories menu.

Default problem with the hard disc

if you ask my suggestion then i would suggest that you can scan your hard disc with avast antivirus this antivirus scanner will help you out cleaning you disc and once the disc is clean format it so that it is totally secure and working properly...... reply me what happened then