Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New SPAM mod

Default New SPAM mod

Hi All,

To prevent SPAM, we are now testing a new MOD.

This will not allow new users to post URL on the forum if

1. They joined in last 5 days
    2. If they have less than 5 posts.

It is the same MOD we use on this forum.

This will stop lot of SPAM on your form.

Still you are requested to actively moderate your forum to keep spamers away.

Thanks,

BizHat Admin
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Default Re: New SPAM mod

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia
    To prevent SPAM, we are now testing a new MOD.
    This will not allow new users to post U*R*L* on the forum if

1. They joined in last 5 days
    2. If they have less than 5 posts.

It is the same MOD we use on this forum.
    This will stop lot of SPAM on your form.
    Sounds good, but it seems the new MOD is not active on our forum (Address: pdfsharp*s3*bizhat*com (dots are not allowed to newbies - the new MOD is active)).

We still get lots of new user registrations with homepages. Most of these accounts are never activated and I have to delete them one by one.
    I wish the MOD was working for our forum ...

Big wish: a function that removes all accounts that were not activated within 24 hours.

Spammers use the memberlist to enter links to their homepages. The new MOD is a good idea to prevent this!

BTW: Had to write "U*R*L*" to bypass the new filter. I'd say that's too strict!

The new mod is active now ...
    ... and the Spammers keep spamming: now they put the U*R*L*s in the Location field while serious users cannot place U*R*L*s or even C# code in their posts.

1. Inactive users should be hidden from the memberlist (coz that's all the spammers want: putting their links on the memberlists).
    2. There should be a function to delete all inactive accounts that are older than 24, 48, or 72 hours.

Okay so anyways is this mod admin activated yet? Because I need to hurry up and post some pictures and thins for my site and none of my members are patient so they are annoying me about this.. I dont really care about spammers since my forum members are all moderators of different parts of the forums and they clean it daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Gurl
    Quote Originally Posted by casadoscaes
    Isn't any way we can delete a bunch of new users? I've been manually deleting about 10 to 15 spammers each day... is there any way to group delete them?
    I would like this feature too. I have well over 200 spam members at my forum now and it's a pain to delete them one-by-one. :?
    Agree with this!
    Please do something!! :cry: If we could ban a great number of user per time, it may be the best solution for prevent spam in our forums.

I just tried to post an idea of how to combat this problem with an image and got this:

In order to try to prevent spammers, we do not allow our users to post URLs or enter personal data into their profile until they have posted at least 5 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 5 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter in order to help us eliminate spam from this forum. If you have somehow gotten this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!
    I have realized that there is no support to go with this service and I am looking for another place to take my forum to. Anyone who has any recommendations please let me know. I have a serious topic and need to allow my users to post images, links and email addresses. My board is going no where because of this feature and lack of support. There are several problems that I cannot correct and can get no help with them.

I made a big mistake using BizHat and have wasted a lot of time. Now I have to start all over again.

I'm wanting to pay for a service with no ads, but nobody answers my emails for support.

Default arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg

Now I wish I had done more research. This stupid spam thing is even keeping my admins from posting links and I need that information for my users. This should be a option for Admins to turn on and off, heck, admins should have autonomy as far as this goes anyways.....

Default Re: arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklemytummy
    Now I wish I had done more research. This stupid spam thing is even keeping my admins from posting links and I need that information for my users. This should be a option for Admins to turn on and off, heck, admins should have autonomy as far as this goes anyways.....
    Check out what I've been doing for this problem. I don't delete it, I just change the profile, leave their link and change the password so they can't change it. If everybody did that, this stuff would stop. read some of the latest profiles, they are my best work.

http://forums.bizhat.com/viewtopic.p...e4a969e0a8198a

Default Oui...

So HERE is what happened....ok well now I know but jeeze...

Its really aggravating for admins of new boards...I cant post desperately needed links...

If you guys could resolve this soon, I'd appreciate it soundly..

Default ....Yaknow...

WHY is there NOONE keeping their eye on this?!

Arent there admins here? And after all these problems were having, nothing is being done...it doesnt even seem like anyones watching these things anymore...

Its getting to be a problem for my and my board...we cant do ANYTHING related to another website, or file hosting or anything of that nature without getting slapped in the face...and its starting to bother me...Can someone at least pretend they are addressing this problem? Thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast