Thread: Board Backup

Default Board Backup

I need to backup my forums posts from my current forum which is hsoted by netfreehost but how?

I am not sure of how, but I do know that the backup utility in netfreehosted forums is disabled due to security reasons. The best way to backup is to not use bizhat hosted site and upload and install another forum alltogether so you can then do a backup anytime you want.

thats y i want to back it up as i have found a host that allows me to host my own board so i have full control buy my mate (joint venture u see) isnt to up to tthe idea of making the forum up again. is there not some kind of way you can bypass the board and go to teh database file directly?

Bypass the board? I am not sure what you mean daneilhill. You mean something illegal? I am not sure but you MAY be able to use a simple backup program to do it. Like i said I am not sure how you would go about it since you dont have access to the files. Why dont you PM an admin like Nokia and ask him if once you get your other site prepared if he can transfer the files for you or at least set up an FTP for you. I dont know man. You are asking for an awful lot I think.